Hi all, I just wanted to show you how you can transfer your contacts from your old phone to the Nokia Lumia 800, this should be a relatively simple process!
There are two ways to go about this, either direct from your old phone to your new one over Bluetooth, or via Office Outlook. With the former, it’s quicker and should be easier, but with the latter you can manage your contacts as well as moving them over.
Method 1 – Direct transfer over Bluetooth
As I’m sure you have seen in the video above, this can be very simple.
Method 2 – Transfer via Office Outlook
The second method is via Office Outlook, I recommend this way if you:
- run into trouble with method 1
- want to be able to manage your contacts, i.e.:
- Choose which contacts to transfer
- Delete contacts
- Edit contacts
- want to have a copy of your contacts on your PC
Some instructions on transferring you contacts from your other devices to your PC can be found in the following places:
Apple iPhone (via iTunes)
To sync contacts with your computer, choose “Sync Contacts with” within iTunes for Windows, or “Sync Address Book Contacts” on your Mac.
You can sync your contacts with:
- Microsoft Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2007, Microsoft Outlook 2010 (Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7)
- Windows Address Book (Windows XP)
- Windows Contacts (Windows Vista / Windows 7)
- Address Book (Mac OS X)
- Microsoft Entourage 2004, Microsoft Entourage 2008, or Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac
Note: If using Microsoft Entourage, use Microsoft Entourage 2008 12.1.2 or later if syncing with Mac OS X v10.6 or later. If you would like to sync data on your Mac with Entourage, enable syncing between Entourage and Address Book.
- When syncing contacts, you can choose to sync all of your contacts or only selected groups.
- You can select a group of contacts to which all new contacts created on your iOS device will be added.
- Additional options for syncing include syncing your contacts with Yahoo or Gmail/Google Mail. You will need to configure it with the user name and password for your Yahoo or Google account.
Nokia (via Nokia Suite)
- Open Nokia Suite
- In the top menu, go to: Tools > Options
- Click Contacts
- Select what you want to sync with, i.e. Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express
Note: if you have several e-mail accounts already on outlook you can click “Change” to select which account you want to sync with.
- Click OK
- In the top menu, go to: Sync > Sync now > Contacts
HTC – Android (via HTC Sync)
You can use HTC Sync™ to synchronize Outlook contacts and calendar or Outlook Express contacts (Android & HTC Smart)and the bookmarks of web browser between your computer and your phone(Android). It also lets you install third-party Android applications on the phone, and bring your photos, videos, documents, songs, and playlists to your phone(Android).